Images from Istanbul
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Turkey both defines and is defined by two continents. This alone intrigued me enough to make the drive from “Europe” to “Asia” to explore. Welcome to Istanbul.
1. Outside Topkapi Palace.
Stuffed grape leaves, Turkey
2. Grape leaves stuffed with rice, resting in a bed of salt.
3. Turkish yentas converse outside a local restaurant.
Spice market, Turkey
4. The Spice Bazaar.
Entering the mosque
5. In awe at the Blue Mosque.
Washing of feet, Turkey
6. Feet must be washed before entering the mosque to pray.
Praying inside the Blue Mosque
7. Praying solo in the Blue Mosque.
Traditional Muslim dress, Istanbul
8. Husband and wife shop together.
Colorful lamps, Istanbul
9. Colors of light in a random lamp store.
10. These columns were erected by the Ottoman Empire.
11. A Turkish woman rushes to her daughter, hiding behind a column.
12. A fisherman en route between "Asia" and "Europe."